Here is a summary of the changes in this revision of the original Desktop GIS book.
- To keep the book affordable, all illustrations are black and white. Full color illustrations are available on the Illustrations page. In addition, a color PDF of the illustrations is available for download and printing.
- All screenshots have been updated to show recent versions of the software.
- All examples have been updated to use recent version of the software.
- Code examples have been updated and are available for download from this website.
- The Python plugin example uses the Plugin Builder to simplify the coding process.
- A short discussion of the SpatiaLite spatial database is included.
- Some examples made obsolete by software changes have been removed.